Spark Joy Book Club is a small monthly book club reading books centred around joy. Each monthly meeting is held at different beautiful venues around Calgary. For our third meeting, we decided to have dinner at Donna Mac to discuss The Things You Can See Only When You Slow Down: How to Be Calm and Mindful in a Fast-Paced World by Haemin Sunim.
The restaurant was beautiful and food was fresh and delicious. My two favourite dishes that we ordered were the pistachio crusted carrots and the vegan cashew cheese tortellini. I forgot to take a photo so I am borrowing one that Becca from Bex Vintage took at the restaurant.
- What did you do for Halloween?
- Have you done anything hygge-ish lately?
- Best chapter / passage (piece of advice)?
- Have you checked out the author’s Twitter / Facebook feeds?
- How did you read the book? Straight-through, or as recommended (slowly, considering each passage)?
- Compare this to the Little Danish Book of Hygge? Are there parallels / themes that you can draw out?
- Can you point to a specific passage that struck you personally – as interesting, profound, incomprehensible, illuminating?
- Did you learn something new? Did the book broaden your perspective? How?
I've had quite a few people asked if they could join the book club virtually so if you would like to do so, please comment below with your answers to our monthly discussion questions.