Spark Joy Book Club is a small monthly book club reading books centred around joy. Each monthly meeting is held at different beautiful venues around Calgary. For our second meeting, we met at Alforno Cafe and Bakery as it felt like the perfect setting to chat about The Little Book of Hygge by Meik Wiking.
We sat in front of a fireplace on a cozy couch drinking coffee/tee and eating cheesecake. Doesn't get much more Hygge than that!
- Name one movie that you like where hygge is demonstrated or would be very hyggelig to watch.
- Name one place in Calgary that we can go to have a hyggelig time!
- Has reading this book changed how you perceive winter, the most hyggelig time of the year? What are you looking forward to at the most?
- Have you tried any new-to-you hygge ideas? or plan on doing incorporating more hygge into your life?
- Excerpts from the book - Hygge is an atmosphere which is not only unimproved by spending more money on it, but rather, in some ways, the opposite. What do you think?
I've had quite a few people asked if they could join the book club virtually so if you would like to do so, please comment below with your answers to our monthly discussion questions.